Wednesday, January 14, 2009

An introduction to the word “change”

Change! Such a nice word. Nice and short, and you don't need a sentence to offer so much (or so little) with this word.

Lets take an example. I'm a heavy smoker and it is December 2008, I have a really bad cough and the state of my health is not good because of this. I promise I am going to “change” for 2009. I tell everyone this, putting the emphasis on “change” so that everyone thinks I am going to stop smoking, convince everyone I'm going to bring “change”. 2009 comes. People are surprised to see me still smoking away. I point out that I have changed. I now smoke filter cigarettes. The people are not that impressed. So I point out that I also now smoke the low nicotine cigarettes. To really impress them of my “change” I tell them I go for a short jog each day (taking a pack of low nicotine filter cigarettes with me of course). And I tell them I am going to do this.....or...that... and do here and there this or that....... I still smoke of course, but I have brought change......

Hillary Clinton appearing before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee: besides dodging the questions about her husbands actions and fund-raising and the serious question of “the conflict of interests” (so “change” is put to test straight away and what do you think happened - yes your right - were still smoking)

On the extremely serious question of Gaza and all those dead and dying people Hillary Clinton did some more political dodging. She came out with such “changing words” regarding the violence (Killing) in Palestine such as “must only increase our determination to seek a just and lasting peace agreement” . Now I don't know about you but I have the feeling I have heard those words, or similar words, so often before, but I must be wrong, because this is all about “change." She did get around to mention her “husbands” actions and policies in the past (so another clear indication that were going to get “change”). She also expressed that she was “deeply sympathetic” to Israel’s right to defend itself against rocket attacks.......Oh wow......a clear indication of “CHANGE” and if this isn't enough to convince you of “REAL CHANGE” then what about this......she reiterated her opposition to direct negotiations with Hamas unless it renounces violence and recognizes Israel.................

....now isn't that "REAL CHANGE" for you!.......(cough....cough.....cough.....cough...... ....cough....cough.........sounds like I'm getting better).

So now we know it folks “real” I mean "real" change is coming......cough....cough.....cough........”

No comments: